If you file your own taxes, you can miss out on valuable tax credits that can lower the amount you owe or increase your refund — credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit for low-income workers with “earned” income-wages or income from a small business. CA$H volunteers can prepare both your federal and state tax returns, and help you find tax credits for which you are eligible.
- It’s free! Using a paid preparer can cost $250 or more per person; the CA$H program costs nothing.
- It’s fast! By e-filing and having your refund direct-deposited, you will receive your money quicker.
- It’s convenient! CA$H appointments are available at sites across the Southern Tier, and at times that work for you.
- It’s accurate! CA$H volunteers are trained by IRS-approved specialists and must complete certification tests before completing any returns.
- When you receive all of your 2014 W-2s, it’s time to call 2-1-1 Helpline and make your appointment!2-1-1 will begin taking appointment calls Wednesday January 21, 2015 for filing your 2014 personal income tax return. Visit the CA$H Website for more information on making your appointment. Taxes will be done at this site on Tuesdays from 9am-3pm.
Watkins Glen site operated by Catholic Charities of Schuyler County:
WATKINS GLEN VILLAGE HALL
303 N. FRANKLIN STREET
WATKINS GLEN, NY 14891