We want those we serve to have the same things we have… and it starts with a home. A home that is warm, nourishing, and safe. And during these difficult times, having a home is even more important. That is why Catholic Charities is committed to providing our essential safety net of services to our neighbors in need.
With support from many of you in the community, we have been able to continue our essential services, including:
- Food distribution at our pantries: The Samaritan Center & Schuyler Outreach. To date, 629 boxes have already been distributed.
- During the week, take-out lunches are being provided at the Elmira Community Kitchen. 734 meals have already been given out.
- Second Place East Homeless Shelter continues to serve a significant number of people each day. We continue to average 55 adults and children per night.
- Our Case Managers continue to provide care and support to those suffering from mental illness, substance abuse, health or housing issues, and/or victims of crime via phone. They have made hundreds of check-in calls and will continue their unwavering support.
- Our Community Residence continues to provide 24-hour, on-site supervision, support and growth opportunities to adults suffering from mental illness. During this difficult time, this stability and care couldn’t be more important to our clients and their loved ones.
Please know support is still needed and very much appreciated. If you have already made a gift, thank you. If you are considering a gift, please know it will be used to its fullest potential…locally.
We are in this together. Please stay well.
All the best,
Director of Development
607.734.9784, ext. 2145