You Can Help!
Volunteers offer their time, energy, and experience for the benefit of others. Warm smiles and kind hearts are the core of helping others. Join us and you would be a welcome addition to our volunteer family. Volunteers are a vital part of Catholic Charities of Chemung & Schuyler Counties!
Chemung County Volunteer Information
Opportunities at The Samaritan Center:
- Assist Consumers in Pantry (M-F, 10a-Noon)
- Clean Pantry/Offices (times to be discussed)
- Food Pickup Drivers (drivers will need their own vehicle to pick up food from local grocery stores) (W & F, 8:30a-9a)
- Receptionists/Data Entry (M-F, 8:30a-Noon, 1p-3p)
- Stock Shelves (M-F, 8:30am-10am)
Please return completed applications to Catholic Charities’ Samaritan Center, 380 S Main St, Elmira, NY 14904 or email Suzi.
Elmira Community Kitchen – To explore volunteer opportunities or donate food, please call Kathy 734-9784, ext 2135 or send an email to Kathy.
Schuyler County Volunteer Information
Opportunities at Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry:
- Food Pickup Drivers (M, T & F, 10:30a-11:30a)
- Receptionists/Data Entry (T & TH, 9a-2p; F, 12p-4p)
Opportunities at Ninth Street Office:
- CA$H Program – Various Locations (November – April only)
- Receptionists (M-F, 8:30a-4:30p)
- RSVP Program (for volunteers 55+)
Please return completed applications to Catholic Charities, 105 Ninth St, Unit 20, Watkins Glen, NY 14891 or email Zach.