- Clothing – Our Clothing Closet at the Samaritan Center will be closed until further notice. Please join us August 20 for our Clothing Closet Clean Out!
- Domestic Violence – office: 607-535-2050 (leave a message) or hotline: 607-742-9629 (call/text) – we can help you develop a safety plan if needed
- Food – pre-packed pantry boxes are available at our Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry & Samaritan Center Food Pantry. No need to call ahead. Click for hours. Produce, bread, dairy, and meat can also be added to the shelf-stable items. For other food pantries, food distributions, and meal sites, visit the Food Finder on the Food Bank’s website.
- Homelessness – come to 605 College Ave in Elmira if you are in need of shelter. They can also be reached at 607-732-5954.
- Meals – The Elmira Community Kitchen is serving FREE TAKE OUT Lunches available at the side door, Mondays – Fridays: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. No dinners or weekend meals will be served until further notice.
- Mortgage – mortgage foreclosure prevention counseling available along with more information on the relief offered
- Rent – contact Deb or Koya if you have questions on paying your rent during this time. You may also call 607-734-4898 to leave a message for them.
- Other needs – Please call our main office at 607-734-9784, Monday, Wednesday or Friday, to be directed to the appropriate program.
- 2-1-1 Helpline is a resource that County residents can call, text, or chat for referral service and updated information. People that have urgent Social Services, Mental Health, or Public Health needs can contact the 2-1-1 Helpline online or simply dial 2-1-1.
- For general COVID-19 questions please refer to the CDC Website or the NYS 24/7 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
Remember, if you answer YES to any of the questions below, please DO NOT go out in public or come see us. Please call your doctor. They will tell you what to do.
1) Have you traveled to a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 travel designation within the last 14 days?
2) Have you had contact with any Persons Under Investigation for Coronavirus/COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone with known Coronavirus/COVID-19?
3) Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (such as a cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath)?
4) Do you have a fever?