If you would like to help by donating items, here is our list of much-needed items – bold items are the highest needs:
- Cleaning & Laundry Supplies: unopened (dish soap, spray bottles, sponges, laundry soap, disinfecting wipes, garbage bags, etc.)
- Diapers, Wipes & Baby Items: unopened (formula, wipes, diapers (all sizes), etc.)
- Food: pop-top cans, granola bars, single-serve soups, one-person meals (Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, etc.)
- Paper Products: unopened (cups, plates, plastic silverware, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Personal Care Items: unopened (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, deodorant, feminine care products); men’s, women’s & children’s needed. We are unable to accept mouthwash.
Please call before dropping off at either:
The Samaritan Center (607-734-4898; 380 S. Main St., Elmira) 10 am-Noon, Monday – Friday (Tuesday is the best day to drop off).
Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry (607-535-2815; 112 Tenth St, Watkins Glen) Tuesday & Friday: 9 am—2 pm, Thursday: Noon—4 pm.
Elmira Community Kitchen Needs List:
- Aluminum Foil Sheets
- Individual bags of chips/snacks
- Individually packaged desserts or cookies
Kitchen donations may be dropped off at the Elmira Community Kitchen between 9 am and 11 am, Monday – Friday.
- If you would like a receipt for your donation, please be sure to let us know when you call us. Our buildings are closed to the public until further notice.
- Donations should not be brought in black trash bags – please use clear or grocery bags.
- If you would like to donate an item other than the ones listed, please call 607.734.9784, ext. 2133 to find out if it’s something we can use.
Thank you for making a difference in our community!
Some other Agencies that might be able to accept donations that we cannot accept right now:
- Clothing/Household Items
Salvation Army: 2502 Corning Rd, Elmira, NY, 1-800-SA-TRUCK
St. James Episcopal Church: 112 6th Street, Watkins Glen, NY, 607-535-2321
- Furniture Items – Habitat for Humanity’s Restore: 3412 NY-414, Corning, NY 14830, 607-936-4444
- Infant & Child Items – Pregnancy Resource Center: 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, Elmira, NY 14904, 607-737-6952
The policy of Catholic Charities expressly prohibits rendering estimates of value for any non-monetary donation. Catholic Charities reserves the right to decline any donation based on our need and our ability to store and/or move the item.