First Step Victim Services Program for Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (please call to schedule an appointment)
Location: Catholic Charities’ Schuyler Office, 607 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY
Contact: A Victim Services Advocate at 607.535.2050; Call or text our 24/7 Hotline: 607.742.9629 or email us anytime
Connect with us on Facebook
The First Step Victim Services program provides advocacy & referral services to all victims of crime in Chemung & Schuyler Counties, with a strong focus on victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse. You must be an innocent victim of a crime (i.e. domestic violence, sexual assault, robbery, assault, etc.).
Did you know that 12.7 million people are physically abused, raped or stalked by their partners in one year? That’s approximately the population of New York City and Los Angeles combined. Now there’s a new symbol that says NO MORE. Check out NOMORE.org on Facebook and at nomore.org. Take the pledge and say NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault. Check back in March for our local NO MORE Event.
- Advocacy & Court Accompaniment
- Community Education & Referrals
- Compensation Claims/Benefits
- Domestic Violence Counseling & Education
- Home Visits
- Relocation Assistance
- Support Groups
- 24/7 Emergency Services
Other Services Provided:
- In-School Education – Teen Dating Violence Prevention, Bullying Prevention
First Step Victim Services’ Youth Outreach Services include attending local schools and providing program information and prevention education on teen dating violence (high school) and bullying (elementary and middle school).
During Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month in February, Staff also go to local high schools and host a #TDVCandyHearts campaign with an informational table during the lunch periods.
Please contact Bethany to schedule a presentation or event at 607.535.2050, ext. 205.
- NYS Domestic & Sexual Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906 (24/7)
(English & Español, Multi-language Accessibility, 711 National Relay Service if you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Crime Victims with Disabilities
- Office for Victims of Crime
- Office of Victim Services – New York State
- Office of Victim Services – Pennsylvania
- DNA Resource Center
- Recognizing the Signs of Human Trafficking
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Warning Signs of Child Sexual Abuse
Other Agency Services: