Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm (please call to schedule an appointment)
Location: Catholic Charities’ Main Office, 607 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY
Contact: 607.535.2050; Call or text our 24/7 Hotline: 607.742.9629
Based on the assessment questions, or your observations, if you see any potential red flags, contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 for specialized victim services referrals or to report the situation.
The presence of these red flags is an indication that further assessment may be necessary to identify a potential human trafficking situation.
Volunteer Host Homes (Interim Families) are needed for Runaway Youth – please contact Catholic Charities or the Youth Bureau to find out more information. Download our brochure here.
One out of seven young people between ten and eighteen will run away. By becoming a Volunteer Host Home you will be providing a runaway or homeless youth with a caring, safe and nurturing atmosphere. Youth between twelve and seventeen are more at risk of homelessness than adults. The youth we serve rely on the generosity of the Volunteer Host Home Families to open their hearts and homes to youth in times of crisis. Youth remain at the Host Home for 30 days or less. Please contact Deb if you’re interested in more information!
Our Runaway & Homeless Youth Programs provides 24-hour intervention services for any Schuyler County youth, ages 10—24, who is homeless or is at risk of running away from home.
- Appointment Transportation
- Conflict Resolution/Mediation
- Emergency Services (Food, Clothing, Safety Planning)
- 24/7 Hotline: 607-742-9629 (call/text)
- Referrals (employment opportunities, intensive counseling, mediation, educational/GED programs, alternative housing.
- Suicide Awareness For Everyone (SAFE) is devoted to connecting people to prevention, intervention, and recovery by providing education, support, and advocacy to reduce the suicide rate in Schuyler County.
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-RUNAWAY – For teens who are thinking of running away from home, have friends who left home, or who left home and want to go back. Anonymous and confidential.
- NYS Domestic & Sexual Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906 (24/7) (English & Español, Multi-language Accessibility, 711 National Relay Service if you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing)
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: 1-800-THE-LOST – Receives reports of missing youth and tips about missing and sexually exploited children. Relays tips to law enforcement representatives and provides support to the families of missing youth.
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888 or text BeFree (233733) – Accepts tips of trafficking situations, crisis calls from survivors, and calls from law enforcement and service providers.
Other Agency Services: