If you would like to help by donating items, here is our list of much-needed items for Schuyler County:
- Children’s Books: new & gently used (for distribution at Mobile Food Trucks & our Food Pantries)
- Cleaning & Laundry Products: unopened
- Diapers, wipes & other Baby Items: unopened
- Food**: non-expired, unopened; perishable & nonperishable (always needed: cereal, instant potatoes, macaroni & cheese, oatmeal, pancake mix, soup, spaghetti sauce, tuna fish, peanut butter, jelly, fruit/veggie cups, dried fruit, crackers and cheese/peanut butter, granola/cereal/nut bars) More Ideas
- Gas Cards: always needed (for those needing to get to appointments, job interviews, etc.)
- Gift Cards: for food, groceries, haircuts, personal care items (local stores only)
- Personal Care Items: unopened (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, deodorant, feminine care products, towels, etc.) men’s, women’s & children’s needed
- Venison: learn more about the Venison Donation Program
Items may be dropped off at our Franklin Street office Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9am-4pm.
**Please take food donations to Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry (112 Tenth St, Watkins Glen) during regular hours – Tuesday: 9am—2pm, Thursday: 9am—2pm, Friday: Noon—4pm. If you are unable to drop off during regular hours, please call 535-2050 to schedule a time to drop off your donations.
We do not accept: appliances, baby furniture/car seats, clothing, computers/computer equipment, furniture, kitchen items, used linens, mattresses, standard picture tube TVs, toys, VHS players (Please see the Chemung List for some of these items.)
If you would like a receipt for your donation, please be sure to let us know.
ALL clothing donations may be taken to St. James Episcopal Church (effective July 2015).
Thank you for making a difference in our Schuyler Community! More ways to get involved.
No donations are to be left outside the buildings.
Goodshop is a great and free way to support us! Shop through their site at thousands of stores like Amazon or Walmart, and they’ll donate up to 20% of your purchase back to us, at no additional cost to you. They also offer great deals and coupons for goods from Macy’s, essentials from Target, and more, so save money while supporting Catholic Charities of Schuyler County – we appreciate it! Signup or click on the logo to sync us for donations!
Policy of Catholic Charities expressly prohibits rendering estimates of value for any non-monetary donation. Catholic Charities reserves the right to decline any donation based on our ability to store and/or move the item.
Please read the guide to donating items from Charity Navigator.