Thank you to the following businesses that collected backpacks and school supplies for local kids & teens!
Chemung County Drop-off Locations:
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Horseheads – donating 10% of your bill to Catholic Charities during the drive. Just show this ticket.
- Chemung County Library District (all locations)
- Community Arts of Elmira
- Cornell Cooperative Extension-Chemung County, Elmira
- Farmers Insurance, Elmira Heights
- Mr. Panosian’s Famous Shoes, Elmira
- Parmenter Tire, Auto & Truck Service, Horseheads
- The Purple Iris Boutique, Horseheads
- Treu Office Supply & Furniture, Elmira
Schuyler County Drop-off Locations:
- Famous Brands, Watkins Glen
- Parmenter Tire, Auto & Truck Service, Montour Falls & Odessa
- Quinlan’s Pharmacy, Montour Falls
- The Hi-Lites, Watkins Glen
- Visions Federal Credit Union, Watkins Glen
- Watkins Glen Public Library
Thank you for your generosity & support!
The Samaritan Center will be accepting donations (380 S Main St, Elmira; Monday – Friday, 8:30am – Noon & 1pm – 4:30pm).
Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry will be accepting donations (112 10th St, Watkins Glen; Tuesday & Thursday, 9am-2pm, Friday, noon-4pm). Monetary donations may be sent to Catholic Charities (215 E Church St, Elmira, NY 14901) or made online. Please indicate Back to School Drive and specify which county you’d like to support.
- New Backpacks (no wheels)
- New School Supplies for K-12th Grade Students:
– Binders (1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 3″ ), Notebooks (5 subject, spiral, composition-black & white only), Folders (2 pocket), Lined Loose Leaf Paper (wide rule)
– Sets of Dividers for Binders, Scissors, Rulers, Glue Sticks, Liquid Glue
– Markers (washable, Sharpies), Dry Erase Markers, Colored Pencils, Crayons (16-24 counts)
– Highlighters, Index Cards, Pens (blue/black), Post-it Notes (3×3 or 2×1 1/2 pack of 100), Scotch tape
– Pencil Cases/Pouches (not plastic boxes), Pencils (#2), Pencil Sharpeners, Erasers (large & pencil top)
– Earbuds (for computer usage), USB Drives (DONATED!), Scientific Calculators
Other Drop-off Locations in conjunction with Community Broadcasters’ Back to School Supply Drive.