This hunger and poverty awareness event is a fundraiser to benefit Catholic Charities’ Samaritan Center.
The luncheon will run from 11:30am-1pm featuring soups by McClure’s New York Deli.
Tickets: Please call (734-9784, ext 2133) or stop in (215 E Church St) until 4:30pm to purchase tickets. Online ticketing is closed.
- $40/Person for Lunch & Commemorative Soup Bowl
- $320/Reserved Seating for Eight with Soup Bowls (a limited number are available)
- $20/Person For Lunch Only – no commemorative bowl included
- $160/Reserved Seating for Eight – no commemorative bowl included
Use #EmptyBowls to help spread the word & invite your friends and co-workers.
How it Works:
- Due to limited space at the venue, a set number of tickets are available. Tickets will be sold prior to the event, and attendees are encouraged to secure their admission in this way. The number of tickets available the day of the event will be solely dependent on the number of tickets distributed through pre-event sales.
- Tickets will be torn at the door. Please complete your ticket as your entry for the Door Prize Drawing.
- Guests will select their favorite bowl from the handmade pottery selection. Your ticket MUST be presented in exchange for a bowl.
- Harvest Vegetable Chili and Chicken Noodle Soup from McClure’s NY Deli, along with bread from Elmira College, will be available for lunch.
- Pottery bowls will not be used for lunch.
- At the event, tickets will be sold for our 50/50. Raffle tickets will also be available for a beautiful, handmade bowl from a local artist. Cash only, please.
- Following the event proudly display and use the souvenir bowl as a reminder of those who suffer from hunger or struggle to feed their family. Share photos from the event using #EmptyBowls to spread awareness on the issue of hunger and poverty in our community.
- Proceeds from Empty Bowls will benefit Catholic Charities’ Samaritan Center.
- We hope you’ll consider joining us in this fight against hunger by partnering as a sponsor, artist, or guest for this distinctive event. Each dollar raised for the Food Pantry will provide food for people in need right here in Chemung County. Together we can make sure fewer bowls are empty in our community.
- $40 will allow us to feed a family of four for one week. $320 will provide 15 individuals with emergency shelter.
- Location of the Empty Bowls Luncheon: Elmira College Campus Center (click for map)
- Parking is available on Fifth Street, Davis Street & Seventh Street (closest to the Campus Center).
- Please do not park in Handicap Parking without proper identification – tickets will be issued.
Throwing for Hope:
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Mr. Robert Agan
- Wegmans, Elmira
- Cameron Manufacturing & Design
- First Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Just Breathe Yoga
- Save a Lot, Elmira
- Swift Glass
It’s more than just a bowl…it’s a partnership to end hunger & poverty. If you cannot attend but would like to make a donation, please click here. Thank you for your support!