This hunger and poverty awareness event is a fundraiser to provide food and emergency services to those in need. The virtual luncheon will feature soups by McClure’s New York Deli.
How it Works:
- Make a donation of $40 or more to Catholic Charities and receive a hand-made bowl and gift certificate for soup. You may mail a check or give online via the event link. Not interested in receiving a bowl, but want to donate? Visit our regular giving page.
- Your bowl will be chosen for you and you will be able to pick it up from our Elmira Community Kitchen (160 High St, Elmira) on Wednesday, October 28th from 1 pm-4 pm. Our new Executive Director, Nancy Koons, will provide you with your bowl and gift certificate as well as answer any questions you have about Catholic Charities and our services. You may pick up at the side door, just like our guests who receive meals at the Community Kitchen do. Masks required.
- Gift certificates for soup from McClure’s New York Deli are good until 12/31/20. During the week of October 26, McClure’s Pumpkin Soup will be available.
- If you’re unable to meet Nancy at the Kitchen on 10/28, you may stop by our office at 215 E Church St in Elmira on Thursday, October 29 from 9:30 am-11:30 am. Please call when you arrive or call 734-9784, ext. 2133 to set up a time to stop by. Masks required.
- A link to the Zoom meeting will be provided after your donation is processed. Save the date & join us on October 29 from noon-1pm to hear more about how Catholic Charities is providing emergency services in Chemung & Schuyler Counties!
- Proudly display and use the souvenir bowl as a reminder of those who suffer from hunger or struggle to feed their family. Share photos of your bowl using #EmptyBowls to spread awareness on the issue of hunger and poverty in our community.
- Proceeds from Empty Bowls will allow us to continue to provide emergency services in Chemung and Schuyler Counties. Each dollar raised will provide food and other emergency services for people in need right here in Chemung and Schuyler Counties. Together we can make sure fewer bowls are empty in our community.
- Thank you to our Potters: the Elmira College Art Club, Professor Chris Longwell, Gene Carr, Doug Holtgrewe; Horseheads High School, Cynthia Cratsley; Corning Community College, Fred Herbst; Notre Dame High School, Hannah Leeber. It is because of their generosity last year that we are able to hold the virtual event this year!
Throwing for Hope:
- Kennedy Valve
- Wegmans – Elmira
It’s more than just a bowl…it’s a partnership to end hunger & poverty. If you cannot attend but would like to make a donation, please click here. Thank you for your support!