March Out Hunger is an annual, local food drive to benefit Catholic Charities’ Samaritan Center & Meals on Wheels of Chemung County. This year marks our 17th year! Help us collect 10,000 items!
March Out Hunger Food Drive 2018 Poster
Food is collected during September & October. This year, due to Tops closing, there will be no march to the Samaritan Center.
Join & Share our Event on Facebook! Use #MarchOutHunger on Social Media to spread the word!
Why not organize some friends, co-workers, or family members to donate non-perishable food and drop off at one of our food drive locations? For more information, contact the Event Chair – Marianne Kalec – 737-3724.
Groups can get involved by hosting food drives & dropping off nonperishable food or grocery items at one of our agencies listed below during the months of September & October:
• TOPS Friendly Market, Elmira (our main sponsor) food items can be left at the store 7 days/week from 7a-10:30p (229 S. Main St)
• Any other TOPS Friendly Market in Chemung County
• Chemung Canal Trust Company, any Chemung County Branch
– Canned Proteins (chicken, tuna, peanut butter, canned beans, etc.)
– Single-serve, easy-to-prepare items for Meals on Wheels’ Blizzard Bags (stews, mac & cheese, pasta, meat dishes, chili, etc.)
– Quality canned food items
– Fruit juice boxes and pudding cups
– Quality boxed foods (cereals, mac & cheese, rice & beans, etc.)
Please, NO glass or expired items.