March Out Hunger is an annual, local food drive to benefit Catholic Charities’ Samaritan Center & Meals on Wheels of Chemung County. This year marks our 16th year! Help us collect 10,000 items!
Food is collected during September & October and on October 24, at noon, we meet at Tops on South Main, load the food in carts & march it to The Samaritan Center (approx. 2 blocks).
Join & Share our Event on Facebook! Use #MarchOutHunger on Social Media to spread the word!
Why not organize some friends, co-workers, or family members to donate non-perishable food and come to the March together? For more information, contact the Event Chair – Marianne Kalec – 737-3724. If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up here.
Groups can also get involved by hosting food drives & dropping off nonperishable food or grocery items earlier at one of our agencies listed below during the months of September & October:
• TOPS Friendly Market, Elmira (our main sponsor) food items can be left at the store 7 days/week from 7a-10:30p (229 S. Main St)
• Any other TOPS Friendly Market in Chemung County
• Chemung Canal Trust Company, any Chemung County Branch
– Canned Proteins (chicken, tuna, peanut butter, canned beans, etc.)
– Single-serve, easy-to-prepare items for Meals on Wheels’ Blizzard Bags (stews, mac & cheese, pasta, meat dishes, chili, etc.)
– Quality canned food items
– Fruit juice boxes and pudding cups
– Quality boxed foods (cereals, mac & cheese, rice & beans, etc.)
Please, NO glass or expired items.
The 15th Annual March Out Hunger Event brought in 9,726 items for The Samaritan Center and Meals on Wheels! Thank you to those who attended, collected and made it possible!