The First Step Victim Services Department of Catholic Charities of Chemung/Schuyler is hosting awareness events March 6-10 in Chemung and Schuyler Counties. These events are in conjunction with the NO MORE Week of Action.
NO MORE Week of Action, March 5-11, 2017, is a national grassroots activation aimed at making domestic violence and sexual assault awareness and prevention a priority year-round.
Every 9 seconds in the United States a woman is assaulted or beaten. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes. These are a few reasons why it is so important to make awareness a priority year-round. Please join us in saying NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.
Community participants are encouraged to stop in at the following locations. There will be a photo station where you can make your own NO MORE statement. Information will be provided. This event is free to the public – teens and young adults encouraged!
- Monday, March 6: Steele Memorial Library (101 E. Church St., Elmira) – 1pm-5pm
- Tuesday, March 7: Catholic Charities, Chemung Office (215 E. Church St, Elmira) – Front Office Lobby – 9am-4pm
- Wednesday, March 8: Watkins Glen Walmart (515 E. 4th St., Watkins Glen) – 10:30am-2:30pm, Grocery Entrance Outside
- Thursday, March 9: Catholic Charities, Schuyler Office (607 N Franklin St., Watkins Glen) – 10am-2pm
- Friday, March 10: Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry (112 10th St., Watkins Glen) – Noon-4pm
- ADDED OPPORTUNITY – Saturday, March 18: Jackals’ Hockey Game (First Arena, Elmira) – 5:30pm – 8:30pm
If you can’t make it to these events, you can still participate. Share your NO MORE statement by using #NOMOREweek on social media. Upload a picture telling us how you’re saying NO MORE when it comes to domestic violence & sexual assault. More information can be found on our website and our Facebook event.
– Drop in anytime during the location’s specified time
– Free to the public
– Photo station to make your NO MORE statement
– Petition to sign for Rep. Tom Reed – read more here
Invite your friends & help spread the word: Facebook Event