The First Step Victim Services Department of Catholic Charities of Chemung and Schuyler Counties is hosting an awareness initiative at various locations in our community. This initiative is in conjunction with NO MORE Week, March 4-10, a national grassroots activation aimed at making domestic violence and sexual assault awareness and prevention a priority year-round.
Community members are encouraged to drop in at any location to participate. There will be a photo station where you can make your own NO MORE statement. This event is free to the public.
– Monday, 3/5/18, at Steele Memorial Library, first floor (101 E Church St, Elmira); 1pm to 3pm
– Wednesday, 3/7/18, at Catholic Charities of Chemung/Schuyler (215 E Church St, Elmira); 9am to 11am
– Thursday, 3/8/18, at the Twin Tier Ties Community EXPO (First Arena, 155 N Main St, Elmira); 11am to 4pm
– Friday, 3/9/18, at Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry (112 10th St, Watkins Glen); 12pm to 4pm
– Friday, 3/16/18, at Catholic Charities’ Schuyler Office’s Open House (105 9th St, Unit 20, Watkins Glen); 2pm to 4pm
On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of some form of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime. These are a few reasons why it is so important to make awareness a priority year-round. Please join us in saying NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.
If you can’t make it to any of these locations in person, you can still participate. Share your NO MORE statement by using #NOMOREweek on social media. Upload a picture telling us how you’re saying NO MORE when it comes to domestic violence & sexual assault.
About NO MORE: NO MORE unites and strengthens a diverse, global community to help end domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse. Dedicated to inspiring cultural change and advancing societal progress, NO MORE provides public awareness campaigns, marketing tools and communications resources for anti-violence organizations, large and small. Encouraging everyone—women and men, youth and adults, from all walks of life—to be part of the solution, NO MORE sparks national and international grassroots activism. Launched in 2013, NO MORE brings together the largest coalition of advocacy groups, service providers, governmental agencies, major corporations, universities, communities and individuals, all under a common brand and a unifying symbol in support of a world free of violence. NO MORE is a project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) public charity. For more information on NO MORE Week, please visit their website.
– Drop in anytime during the location’s specified time
– Free to the public
– Photo station to make your NO MORE statement